Well hello, February: one month closer to Summer!
Wow! January sure did enter and exit fast. Like most people I know you probably wish February would rush “old man” Winter right into Summer. Not so fast. February is a great time to lock down your summer travel plans before all the best locations are reserved. And it’s never too early day dreaming of your beach get away. Knowing you’ll have your toes in the sand and ocean to play in will make the cold winter temps a little bit easier to handle.
Summer: The busiest travel season for families!
- Not to mention all the required summer activities now part of the school age experience: band camp, sports camps, and even academic camps so chose your destination carefully. You’ve spent a long winter dreaming of summer vacation, and you don’t want to spend it standing in long lines with big crowds or disappointed for not covering as much ground as you wanted. With a little strategic planning, the whole family can have a dream vacation. After all, who doesn’t want a summer vacation to remember all year long.
- Think about choosing a destination a little more “off the beaten path” with plenty of rewards. We’re partial to our neck of the woods, but there are many great “less” popular Florida beaches where you can enjoy quality family time creating memories while avoiding large crowds. Look for a family vacation home where the whole family can enjoy staying together, cooking meals, and relaxing in the comfort and privacy of your living room. Not to mention many hosts have the best insider info on favorite restaurants, hidden treasures, and “local” only knowledge.
The unique thing about the Central Florida East Coast? It’s a great place to “home base”. It’s a quick 90-minute drive to the Orlando area theme parks. Purchase a sun pass zip across the BeachLine spend the day with Mickey and be back to the beach for sunset.
- With a little planning and use of the My Disney Experience app, you can plan a day trip, purchase park tickets and take advantage of missing the big crowd times. We’re also lucky to have several local activities the whole family will enjoy.
- The Brevard Zoo, Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center are several of the activities we always recommend guests visit – no matter the age.
Summer Travel Planning To Do List:
- Sit down with your family and brainstorm all the places you want to visit.
- Let the kids get involved and give input on things they would like to see and do.
- List activities you’ve always wanted to try: snorkeling, SCUBA, fishing, kite surfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, feed a stingray, touch a giraffe.
- Spend time researching and learning before the trip, so you don’t miss out on local festivals, exhibitions, sporting events and shows.
- Secure your lodging and transportation to guarantee your preferred dates for travel are available.
So when the inevitable? Comes up: R WE THERE YET MOM it will be asked with excitement and enthusiasm – Let’s get this vacation started! Send us a message and tell us how we can help your family plan the beach vacation of a lifetime. Oh! And by the way, when we say, family, we mean the whole family including your furry members. The four-legged kind.